PoetryZoo.com Terms and Conditions.
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the current version of the PoetryZoo website. The Website is offered subject to your acceptance of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this site by PoetryZoo.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by PoetryZoo, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
These terms have not been set out in poetic form, if you choose to rework the concepts as such, we will be entertained but they will not replace the terms of this agreement without further agreement.
- PoetryZoo provides a safe and secure home for your poetry; to facilitate, support and assist you to write, read and share poetry with others on the PoetryZoo site and a wider audience beyond in online and offline contexts.
- PoetryZoo welcomes anyone who wishes to join us in these activities.
- There is no charge for using this version of PoetryZoo.
- Anyone, aged 13 or over can join PoetryZoo.com by providing basic contact information (first and last name, email address, country of residence). Once registered, set up a fuller profile (if you want) and promote your poetry within PoetryZoo and to a wider audience beyond.
- There is no restriction to anonymous use of ‘Zoodonyms’ – our nomenclature for pseudonyms - if you wish to use the site but do not wish to be identified, but please see point 19 below.
- Your poetry will be held on servers which are covered by a 99.9% uptime guarantee and comprehensively backed up every 24 hours, to ensure that your work is stored in a secure and save environment.
- If PoetryZoo ever ceases to operate, your poetry will remain secure; we will maintain a legacy version of the site so your member account and poetry will remain accessible to you.
Intellectual property (copyright)
- PoetryZoo respects the intellectual property of others and we ask you to do the same.
- The copyright for your poetry on the PoetryZoo site belongs to you now and forever.
- We will respect your privacy.
- We ask you to remember that any information you choose to post publicly (poetry, responses and reviews, soundfiles, videos) on this site is, of course, public.
- As a matter of courtesy, we will let you know of external media interest in your work, where it is expressed to us.
- If a poetry, or other, publisher expresses an interest in your work, we shall ask them to make direct contact with you through your PoetryZoo profile.
- The founders of PoetryZoo, Gillian Ferguson and Richard Saville-Smith are the Data Controllers for data protection purposes. Data is securely held within the terms of UK law. It is gathered only in the interests of the purposes of the site – to facilitate individuals to write, read and share poetry.
- We will never sell your poetry or your other data to a third party.
- We will take appropriate steps to ensure that any financial information you provide us, including credit card numbers, is stored securely.
Disrespectful and illegal content
- By inviting you to participate in PoetryZoo, we are building an online platform centered on the artform of poetry which can accommodate a wide diversity of ideas, genres and world views. Please be aware, however, when participating, that we retain the right to remove disrespectful, distasteful or illegal content of which we become aware, or to which we are alerted by PoetryZoo members or others. If you act disrespectfully, distasteful or illegally on PoetryZoo.com, we reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time and without prior warning and to remove your poems from the site.
- PoetryZoo.com may employ cookies and other technologies such as web beacons and pixel tags. Cookies are bits of electronic information that can be transferred to a user's hard drive to customize a person's use of a product or online site, keep records of a user's access to an online site or product, or store information needed by the user on a regular basis. For example, when you sign in to PoetryZoo, we store your user id and a combination of your IP address and time of login as a cookie on your hard drive. This cookie allows you to move from page to page without having to sign in again on each page.
- If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software or web browser to locate and delete the cookies or files related to the site PoetryZoo.com.
- PoetryZoo is the trading name for The Global PoetryZoo Ltd (SC441332) which is a limited liability company registered in Scotland.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and any dispute between the Parties relating to these Terms and Conditions will fall within the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
- Feedback comments and constructive criticism will help us to make PoetryZoo better and introduce the additional features you want. We are serious about reading and responding to all feedback we receive. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please refer to our Q&A page or email email@example.com
Thank you. And now, please enjoy!